Legal analysis of draft law No. 7441-1 in the context of credit relations parties’ rightsduring martial law
This article provides a legal analysis of draft law No. 7441-1, which was adopted in the first reading at the time of conducting this research. It is noted that the draft law in its current form will not effectively protect either citizens-borrowers or creditors, and its norms risk becoming stillborn. Ways to solve the outlined problems are proposed.
1. Draft Law on Amendments to the Tax Code of Ukraine and some legislative acts of Ukraine regarding the support of borrowers whose property was destroyed or damaged as a result of the armed aggression of the Russian Federation against Ukraine No. 7441-1 dated 14.06.2022 // Portal of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. – View mode: https://itd.rada.gov.ua/billInfo/Bills/pubFile/1349924
2. Vereshchuk: Almost 800,000 Ukrainian citizens lost their homes // UkrInform. – July 24, 2022. – Viewing mode: https://www.ukrinform.ua/rubric-ato/3536043-veresuk-majze-800-tisac-gromadan-ukraini-vtratili-zitlo.html
3. Kobets I. Loans and mortgages during the war / Iryna Kobets // Economic Pravda. – July 19, 2022. – View mode: https://www.epravda.com.ua/columns/2022/07/19/689328/
4. Lagan Ya. Write-off of loans: solving problems or a new debt pit? / Yaroslava Lagan // Legal newspaper online. – July 1, 2022. – View mode: https://yur-gazeta.com/dumka-eksperta/spisannya-kreditiv-virishennya-problem-chi-nova-borgova-yama–.html
5. New rules of operation of banks and non-bank financial institutions engaged in lending during the war // Portal of the National Bank of Ukraine. – March 18, 2022. – View mode: https://bank.gov.ua/ua/news/all/novi-pravila-roboti-bankiv-i-nebankivskih-finansovih-ustanov-scho-zaymayutsya-kredituvannyam-pid-chas -viyni
6. Muravska N. Credit holidays during the war: conditions and tricks of banks / N. Muravska // Legal newspaper online. – May 13, 2022. – View mode: https://yur-gazeta.com/dumka-eksperta/kreditni-kanikuli-pid-chas-viyni-umovi-ta-hitroshchi-bankiv.html