Concept of decent work in international-legal acts and ukrainian legislation
Ukrainian Constitution does not prohibit development and realization of various political, economic, social ideas and theories with their further transformation into social relations, when the former ones can be beneficial for society, consolidate and strengthen it. Considering current social and especially ideological situation in Ukraine, global trends in the development of civilizations and geopolitical importance of Ukraine it must be noted that the only right ideology for our country is the one based on humanism and social equity. Every human being, their material well-being, development of spiritual and creative abilities, physical excellence must become the core of this ideology. The International Labour Organization unanimously adopted the ILO Declaration on Social Justice for a Fair Globalization on 10 June 2008, which points that under the concept of decent work all member states must pursue policies based on four strategic objectives – employment, social protection, social dialogue, and rights at work. Therefore, decent work is the key to contemporary understanding of social justice in a democratic society. The European Union has fixed the aforementioned view on social and economic development of its member states in the Directive (EU) 2019/1152 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 June 2019 on transparent and predictable working conditions in the European Union. Provisions of article 420 of Association Agreement between the European Union and the European Atomic Energy Community and their Member States, of the one part, and Ukraine, of the other part can be considered as Ukraine’s Social declaration that further paves the way to becoming a part of the European Union. The article also provides that cooperation in the area covered by Article 419 of this Agreement shall pursue several important goals. And according
to article 424 of this Agreement, Ukraine shall ensure gradual approximation to EU law, standards and practices in the area of employment, social policy and equal opportunities, as set out in Annex XL to this Agreement. The aforementioned legal acts contain essential directions for social economy of any modern European state and assessment criteria for all legislative innovations and fateful managerial actions taken by governmental authorities or individual officials. Separate provisions of draft laws of Ukraine under No. 2708 “On Labor”, under No. 2275 “On Amendments to Some Laws of Ukraine on Stabilization of the Functioning of the Compulsory State Social Insurance System”, under No. 2681 “On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine (on certain issues related to the activities of trade unions) “contradict both the international obligations of Ukraine and the provisions of the Constitution of Ukraine. In some cases, there is a significant liberalization of labor law, in particular, the consolidation of the unlimited right of the employer to terminate the employment contract, and in others, a radical offensive on the basic principles of interaction of social partners, as well as the right to freedom of association and protection of the right to organize. Such innovations do not appear to meet the criteria of a democratic, rule of law and welfare state. The Law of Ukraine “On Employment”, in particular concerning the determination of the place, role, tasks, functions and sources of financing of the nationwide system of employment bodies, determination of the role and place of each state body in managing internal and external labor migration, needs major updating
1. Constitution of Ukraine: Adopted at the Fifth Session of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine on June 28, 1996 – Kyiv: Ukraine, 1996. – р 54.
2. Div .: ILO Declaration on Social Justice for a Fair Globalization. Adopted June 10, 2008 URL: http:// www.ilo.org/wcm-sp5/groups/public/@dgreports/…/wcms_100193.pdf
3. Law of Ukraine of July 5, 2012 No 5067-VI “On Employment” // Official Gazette of Ukraine of 27.08.2012 – 2012, No 63, p. 17, Article 2565, act code 63058/2012.
4. Law of Ukraine of November 5, 2015 No 761-VIII “On External Labor Migration” // Bulletin of the Verkhovna Rada (VVR), 2015, No 49-50, p.463.
5. Draft Law of Ukraine on 2168 “On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine Concerning the Formation of State Policy in the Sphere of Labor, Labor Relations, Employment and Labor Migration” // http://w1.c1.rada.gov.ua/pls/zweb2/webproc4_1?pf3511=66932
6. Law of Ukraine “On Compulsory State Social Insurance in Case of Unemployment” // Bulletin of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, 2000, No 22, Art. 171 with the following changes.
7. Law of Ukraine of July 8, 2010 No 2464-VI “On the collection and accounting of a single contribution to the obligatory state social insurance” // Official Gazette of Ukraine of 20.08.2010 – 2010, No 61, p. 13, Article 2108, act code 52354/2010.
8. Law of Ukraine of February 27, 2014 No 794-VII “On the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine” // Official Gazette of Ukraine of March 14, 2014 – 2014, No 20, p. 23, Article 619, code of the act 71668/2014.
9. Law of March 17, 2011 No 3166-VI “On Central Bodies of Executive Power” // Official Gazette of Ukraine of April 18, 2011 – 2011., No 27, стор. 20, стаття 1123, код акта 55751/2011.
10. ILO Convention 88 on the Organization of the Employment Service of 1948. // https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/993_224/print
11. Directive (EU) 2019/1152 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 20 June 2019 on transparent and predictable working conditions in the European Union // https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/en/TXT/?uri=CELEX:32019L1152
12. Shcherbina V.I. Ideological bases of modern labor law of Ukraine: monograph / М.І. Inshin, VI Nick. – H .: Disa plus, 2016. – 328 p.
13. Draft Law of Ukraine “On Labor” for No 2708 // http://w1.c1.rada.gov.ua/pls/zweb2/webproc4_1?pf3511=67833
14. Ivchenko A.A. Explanatory dictionary of the Ukrainian language. – Kharkiv: Folio, 2002.
15. The Civil Code of Ukraine. Approved by the Law of Ukraine of January 16, 2003 // Bulletin of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. – 2003. – No 40-44. – St. 356.
16. Tal L. S. Essays on Industrial Labor Law. – M.: Mosk. scientific. publishing house, 1918. – Ed. 2nd, add.
17. Protsevsky OI Methodological principles of labor law: monograph /
18. OI Protsevsky. – H .: HNADU, 2014.
19. Shcherbina V.I. Functions of labor law: Monograph. – Dnepropetrovsk: Acad. customs Service of Ukraine, 2007. – 425 p.
20. Protsevsky O.I. On the subject of labor law of Ukraine // Law of Ukraine. – 2001. – No 12.
21. Recommendation on labor relations No 198. Adopted at the 95th session of the General Conference of the International Labor Organization on 31 May 2006. // https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/993_529
22. International Labor Organization Convention No 158 on termination of employment at the initiative of the employer 1982. // https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/993_005/print
23. Law of Ukraine of September 12, 1991 No 1543-XII “On Succession of Ukraine” // Bulletin of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (VVR), 1991, No 46, p.617.
24. Association Agreement between Ukraine, of the one part, and the European Union, the European Atomic Energy Community and their Member States, of the other part. The agreement was ratified with a statement by the Law No 1678-VII of 16.09.2014 // Official Gazette of Ukraine of 26.09.2014 – 2014, No 75, volume 1, p. 83, Article 2125.
25. Labor Code of Ukraine. Approved by Law No 322-VIII of 10.12.71 // Bulletin of the Verkhovna Rada, 1971, supplement to No 50, Art. 375.
26. Alexandra Romanyuk. Poland changes its attitude towards labor migrants: what awaits Ukrainians // https://www.segodnya.ua/economics/enews/polsha-menyaet-otnoshenie-k-migrantam-chto-ozhidaet-ukraincev-1400776.html
27. At the congress “Servants of the People” elected the leadership and announced the ideology // https://www.segodnya.ua/politics/sezd-slugi-naroda-vybrali-ru-kovodstva-i-obyavili-ideologiyu-1402830.html
28. Decision of the Constitutional Court of Ukraine in the case on the constitutional appeal of the Open Joint-Stock Company “All-Ukrainian Joint-Stock Bank” on the official interpretation of the provisions of paragraph 22 of part one of Article 92 of the Constitution of Ukraine, parts one, three of Article 2, part one of Article 38 of the Code of Administrative Offenses legal entities) No 7-rp / 2001 of 30.05.2001 // Official Gazette of Ukraine of 29.06.2001 – 2001, No 24, p. 57, Article 1076, act code 19082/2001.
29. Legal responsibility and other coercive measures in labor law: a textbook / M.I. Inshin, V.I. Shcherbyna, I.M. Vahanova. – H .: Golden Mile, 2012. – 495 p.
30. Leist OE Sanctions in Soviet law / OE Leist. – M.: Gosyurizdat, 1962.
31. Draft Law on No 2275 of 16.10.2019 “On Amendments to Certain Laws of Ukraine on Stabilization of the Functioning of the System of Compulsory State Social Insurance” // http://w1.c1.rada.gov.ua/pls/zweb2/webproc4_1?pf3511=67102
32. Law of Ukraine “On Compulsory State Social Insurance” // Bulletin of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, 2015, No 11, Art. 75.
33. Opinion of the Main Scientific and Expert Department of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine on the Draft Law of Ukraine “On Amendments to Certain Laws of Ukraine Concerning the Stabilization of the Functioning of the System of Compulsory State Social Insurance” (No 2275 of October 16, 2019) // http://w1.c1.rada.gov.ua/pls/zweb2/webproc4_1?pf3511=67102
34. Fundamentals of the legislation of Ukraine on compulsory state social insurance of January 14, 1998 No
16/98-VR // Bulletin of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine of 05.06.1998 — 1998 р., No 23, стаття 121.
35. European Social Security Code (revised November 6, 1990) // https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/994_651
36. Recommendation of the International Labor Organization No 67 on providing income in 1944. // https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/993_323
37. Draft Law on No 2681 of December 27, 2019 “On Amendments to Certain Legislative Acts of Ukraine (Regarding Certain Issues of Trade Unions’ Activities) ” // http://w1.c1.rada.gov.ua/pls/zweb2/webproc4_1?pf3511=67792
38. Law of Ukraine of September 15, 1999 No 1045-XIV “On trade unions, their rights and guarantees of activity” // Bulletin of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (VVR), 1999, No 45, p.397.
39. Convention on Freedom of Association and Protection of the Right to Organize No 87. Adopted at the 30th Session of the General Conference of the International Labor Organization, July 9, 1948. https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/993_125
40. Law of Ukraine of July 1, 2010 No 2411-VI “On the principles of domestic and foreign policy” // Bulletin of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine (VVR), 2010, No 40, p.527.
41. Shcherbina V.I. Labor Law of Ukraine: Textbook / Ed. V.S. Venediktov. – K .: The truth, 2008. – 384.