Theoretical Foundations of Evidence Evaluation and Standardization of Proving in Criminal Proceedings Related to Illegal Trafficking of Firearms or Ammunition in Ukraine
Based on the analysis of modern scientific approaches to understanding the evaluation of evidence and international standards of proving in criminal proceedings, the author has defined the concept and identified the essence of evidence evaluation and standards of proving in criminal proceedings related to the illegal trafficking of firearms or ammunition in Ukraine. It has been emphasized that the current level of development of the general theory of proving allows us to intensify scientific research in the area of developing the specifics of proving in criminal proceedings in regard to certain types of crimes, in particular, in criminal proceedings related to the illegal trafficking of firearms or ammunition. The author has analyzed regulatory legal framework of evidence evaluation and standardization of proving in regard to proving in criminal proceedings related to illegal trafficking of firearms or ammunition in Ukraine.
- Maliuha R.V. Criminal procedural evidence of smuggling of narcotic drugs, psychotropic substances, their analogues or precursors or falsified medicinal products in pre–trial investigation: Ph.D. thesis. Kyiv, 2015. 273 p.
- Criminal Procedural Code of Ukraine: Law of Ukraine dated April 13, 2012 No. 4651–VI // Bulletin of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine. 2013. No. 9–10. Art. 474.
- Honcharenko V.H. Evidence in criminal proceedings: scientific and practical guide. Kyiv: Precedent, 2014. 42 p.
- Hroshevyi Yu.M. and others. Criminal process of Ukraine: textbook. Kharkiv: Pravo, 2000. 494 p.
- Stepanov O.S. Adequacy and admissibility of evidence in the criminal process of Ukraine: PhD abstract. Kyiv, 2007. 19 p.
- Decision of the Constitutional Court of Ukraine No. 12–rp/2011 dated October 20, 2011. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/v012p710–11#Text
- Sergeeva D.B. The concept and essence of the reliability of evidence as its necessary property. Lawyer of Ukraine. Kharkiv: Pravo, 2014. No. 1(26). P. 89–96.
- Deev M.V. Determining the sufficiency of the evidence as an integral part of the evidence evaluation process. State and regions. Series: Law. 2015. No. 4 (50). P. 65–74.
- Stoianov M.M. Properties of evidence in the criminal process of Ukraine: PhD thesis. Odesa, 2010. 245 p.
- Ratushna B.P. The standard of proof as a criterion of reliability of the result of judicial knowledge. Law of Ukraine. 2012. No. 6. P. 282–291.
- Sliusarchuk X.R. The standard of proof in criminal proceedings: what is its idea? Comparative and analytical law. 2015. No. 3. P. 222–226. URL: http://www.pap.in.ua/3_2015/66.pdf66.pdf
- Stepanenko A.S. The standard of proof “beyond a reasonable doubt” in criminal proceedings: PhD thesis. Odesa, 2017. 234 p.
- Kret G.R. International standards of proof in the criminal process of Ukraine: theoretical–legal and practical foundations: PhD thesis. Odesa, 2020. 530 p.
- The Convention on the Protection of Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms dated November 4, 1950, ratified by the Law of Ukraine dated July 17, 1997 No. 475/97–VR. URL: http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/995_004.
- Case of Fox, Campbell and Hartley v. the United Kingdom: Judgment of the European Court of Human Rights from 30 August 1990. URL: http://hudoc.echr.coe.int/fre?i=001–57721.
- Case of Labita v. Italy: Judgment of the European Court of Human Rights from 6 April 2000. URL: http://hudoc.echr.coe.int/fre?i=001–58559
- Case of Dolgova v. Russia: Judgment of the European Court of Human Rights from 2 March 2006. URL: http://hudoc.echr.coe.int/fre?i=001–72642.
- Case of Mamedova v. Russia: Judgment of the European Court of Human Rights from 01 June 2006. URL: http://hudoc.echr.coe.int/fre?i=001–75646.
- Case of Kalashnikov v. Russia: Judgment of the European Court of Human Rights from 15 July 2002. URL: http://hudoc.echr.coe.int/fre?i=001–60606.
- The Rome Statute of the International Criminal Court, issued as document A/CONF.183/9 dated 17.07.1998 with subsequent amendments and entered into force on 01.07.2002. URL: http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws /show/995_588.
- Rules of Procedure and Evidence of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia (adopted on 11 February 1994, as amended 8 July 2015). 118 р. URL: http://www.icty.org/x/file/Legal%20Library/Rules_procedure_evidence/IT032Rev50 _en.pdf.