The procedure for recognizing the validity of marriages with a foreign element
The article considers the collision issues of the procedure for recognizing the validity of marriages, concluded with the participation of citizens of Ukraine in the European Union, under the laws of Ukraine. In the conditions of modern development of society and social relations, new forms of marriages and the procedure of their conclusion are emerging, and later on – their recognition, so the outlined problems require appropriate research for the purpose of the improvement of the proper legal regulation. The presence in the acts of the current legislation of Ukraine of contradictions between the requirements for persons who intend to enter into a legitimate marriage indicates the existence of a scientific problem in the legal literature. In general, positively perceiving the conditions of marriage invalidity established in the Family Code of Ukraine, the authors methodologically built a study in such a sequence (analysis of current legislation of Ukraine on the problems of marriage with a “foreign element”, grounds of invalidity of marriage and the recognition of validity of marriages of Ukrainian citizens concluded under the law of a foreign state.
1. Anufrieva L. P. International Private Law in 3 Volumes. Vol. 2. Special Part : textbook. 2nd edition. Reworked and ext. M. : Izdatelstvo BEK, 2002. 656 p.
2. Convention on Consent to Marriage, Minimum Age for Marriage and Registration of Marriages. Opened for signature and ratification by General Assembly resolution 1763 A (XVII) of 7 November 1962. Unites Nations Human Rights Office of the High Commissioner : web-site. URL: https://www.ohchr.org/EN/ProfessionalInterest/Pages/MinimumAgeForMarriage.aspx (Last Accessed: 25.05.2021).
3. Family Code of Ukraine : Law of Ukraine of 10 January, 2002, No 2947-ІІІ. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2947-14#Text (Last Accessed: 25.05.2021).
4. Family Code of Ukraine : Scientific and Practical Commentary / edited by I. V. Zhylinkova. Kharkiv: Ksylon, 2008. 855 p.
5. Fedoseeva H. Yu. Recognition of Marriages Concluded by citizens of the Russian Federation outside the Russian Federation. Sovremennoe Pravo. 2002. No 7. P. 37–39.
6. Herasymchuk L. Invalidity of Marriage under Ukrainian Family Law and Applicability of International Private Law. Pidpryemnytstvo, Hospodarstvo i Pravo. 2020. No 4. P. 22–27. URL: http://pgp-journal.kiev.ua/archive/2020/4/5.pdf (Last Accessed: 25.05.2021).
7. Kozhevnykova V. О. Foreign Marriages of Ukrainian Citizens: Issues of Conclusion and Recofnition : monograph. Kharkiv: Kharkiv Yurydychnyi, 2013. 184 p.
8. Kozhevnykova V. О. Legal Regulation of Marriages by Citizens of Ukraine in the European Union and their Recognition in Ukraine : PhD dissertation (Law Sciences) : 12.00.03 / Kharkiv National University of Internal Affairs. Kharkiv, 2010. 190 p.
9. Kozhevnykova V. О. Restrictions on the Rights of Subjects of Family Relations: Problems of Theory and Practice : monograph. Kyiv : “Kompyuternyi Dyzain”, 2019. 520 p.
10. On International Private Law : Law of Ukraine of 23 June, 2005, No 2709-ІV. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2709-15/conv#n101 (Last Accessed: 25.05.2021).
11. Romovska Z. V. Family Code of Ukraine: Scientific and Practical Commentary. Kyiv : Vydavnychyi Dim “In Yure”, 2003. 528 p.
12. Sydorenko D. I. Grounds of Invalidity of Marriage under the Family Legislation which Was in Force in Ukrainian Lands in the Х–ХХІ centures. Universytetski Naukovi Zapysky. 2018. No 65. P. 45–56. URL: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/Unzap_2018_1_6 (Last Accessed: 25.05.2021).
13. Universal Declaration of Human Rights. Unites Nations : web-site. URL: https://www.un.org/en/about-us/uni-versal-declaration-of-human-rights (Last Accessed: 25.05.2021).